As the temperature drops and winter moves in, now is the time to spring into action.
Registration for Winter and Spring Zoo Classes opens Nov. 2. Each class, offered through the Zoological Society of Milwaukee, includes hands-on experiences. Kids and adults learn about wildlife and the environments they inhabit through activities, art projects and more.
Winter and Spring Zoo Classes are sponsored by Meijer and are offered for children ages infant to 14, plus adults and families. There is always something new and interactive for each age group. Here are just a few of the Winter and Spring Classes:
- Age 2:“Colors at the Zoo!” and “Bunnies”
- Age 3: “Elephants” and “Seals and Sea Lions”
- Ages 4 and 5: “Junior Vet” and “Animal Babies”
- Ages 6 to 10: “Tracks & Scats” and “Awesome Amphibians”
- Ages 6 to 12: Art Classes
- Ages 11 to 14: “Bonobos: Great Apes of Africa”
- Family Classes: “Family Explorers: Who Glows There?”
Registration starts Nov. 2 for classes February through May.
Zoo Pass members not only get the first crack at registering, they also get a discounted price. Those without a Zoo Pass can register starting Nov. 9. To register for classes and learn more about what we have to offer, visit zoosociety.org/Education.